12.26.2007

an amazing wife

i will never forget my Christmas' growing up as a kid and watching my dad get the least amount of presents and never envying that.  i never wanted to be that guy who has no presents under the tree.  it's amazing what growing up will do.  

this year, Stacy and i expressed to each other and everyone else in our family that we do not want Christmas to be about us...make it about our kids.  we celebrated our 6th year wedding anniversary on the 22nd and made it clear we were going to make it all about us then.  and we did.  Nana took the kids for the night and Stacy and i took off for a great dinner and then went out to get tattoos together!  

amazing wife act #1:  tattoos together (not just allowing me to get one but her getting one with me)

the whole month of december we have been building into our boys the Christmas story...making sure they new the real "reason for the season."  they got it.  they could tell you the whole story thanks to Noel Pipers advent calendar.  

we knew Christmas morning was going to be huge to them and it was.  this is the first year that they got "Santa" and anticipated his coming.  they saw the presents building up and knew they were for them.  as much as we built into them the reason for the season, Christmas morning was coming and they knew it involved presents.

little to my knowledge, and against all for warning, Stacy went behind my back and got both of our families to buy into getting me a new computer for school.  she worked hard hours of being sneaky and creative lying to keep me far away from any knowledge of it.  

it's suppose to be all about the kids right...so i figured we were on the same page.

the final present of Christmas morning had my name on it.  as i opened it, i saw for the first time my brand new macbook...just what i wanted but NEVER thought i would receive.  the card on it read "we BELIEVE in you."  

amazing wife act #2: surprise macbook

i have never felt so humbled in my life.  my wife would do ANYthing for me and i am convinced of that.  we are not at a place financially to afford anything like this but she made it happen.  



GOD, You blessed me with an amazing partner and lover.  she always goes the extra mile for me.  sometime is shows up in HUGE ways like this and other it is huge in my heart...like when she looks into my eyes and tells me she loves me!  i believe her!  You have given me so much more than i deserve and NEVER let me take advantage of Your gift!

No comments: