2.10.2008

Super dad. A Tough Job.

Being super dad is a tough job. It may come natural to some but to me...it takes work. Maybe it's just my kids but it seems lately they have been asking a load of questions that I don't know the answers to. For this season in my life I can make up a load of crap and get by with it but not for long. Austen was 4 in September and has more common sense then most 12 year olds. This little tactic of mine wont last for long.

Today for example, I was running and for the first time noticed those little concrete "ditches" that run across crosswalks...they look like the continued sidewalk but as an adult I know they are there to help channel the rain water. For some strange reason I thought to my self that I have no clue what those are called, colverts, concrete ditches, water thingies? What if Austen asks me what they are, how long will this "load of crap" stratagy work. Probably until he starts kindergarden and he uses the words that I teach him and he gets made fun of.

Dang, its hard being super dad and trying to know everything.

No comments: