3.28.2008

The Lazy Gene

I don't know if laziness is a gene that is biologically passed down from generation to generation or if it's just a virus...what ever it is, i got it. Only God knows how much I have wanted boys to raise. He gave me two of them.

My oldest asked me to go outside and play baseball with him. I whined and said, "uggg, I don't want to."

What a privilage I have that many people don't, to play ball with their 4 year old. I am sure many will tell me that they would love to have those moments back to play ball with their sons. I chose not to. That is until God slapped me upside the head and said, "You freak'n idiot, get outside and play baseball."

I don't know if all boys ask question after question, but mine do...CONSTANTLY. It drives me nuts, especially when it's the same question over and over again. Prove me wrong but isn't that the definition of insanity; inguaging in the same thing over and over again with hopes of a different result...yeah, that me!

So when I legit question comes along my natural reaction is..."SHUT UP." I would never say that but that is what my heart screams. Wow, my sinful nature is strong in me.

Moral of story...I suck!

No comments: